Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Remembering Charles In Charge

Being a kid in the late 80s, one of my favorite TV shows was Charles In Charge starring Scott Baio.  Actually, I'm a big fan of 80s-90s sit-com, but I really liked Charles In Charge primarily because Nicole Eggert.  Being a teenager at that time, she was such a hottie.  I kinda liked her a bit more than Alyssa Milano, but I'll write about my love for Who's The Boss? in another blog.  What I love about the 80s-90s sit-com is that it was such clean and wholesome programming.  When the show is done, you have this happy feeling afterwards.  Check out the intro:


Though Nicole Eggert was my teenage crush, the overall show was great.  The comedic chemistry between Scott Baio and Willie Aames (who played the best friend, Buddy) was hilarious.  In real life, they were good friends and so them two being silly together played well on screen.  But what I always found weird about this show is that Charles (Scott Baio) lived first with the Pembrokes and then the Powells because he was the college student that needed a cheap place to stay, so he was hired as a live-in babysitter and housekeeper in exchange for room and board.  Who does that?  And then, he becomes the older paternal figure fixing the kids problems.  What?  And why did his best friend, Buddy, get stupider and stupider every season?  Shouldn't that have been the other way around as people tend to mature in college?

After watching the intro of Charles in Charge, I never realized how big sweaters were in the 1980s.  Watch the intro again, and check out all the sweaters.  Of course, sweaters is a timeless attire, but in 80s, I guess it was more of a fashion statement than for necessity.  I just never noticed that before.

Check out this pre-boob job Pamela Anderson clip:


Well, if you have any thoughts on Charles In Charge, leave a comment.  I look foward to read what you guys think.

No comments:

Post a Comment